There are a total of 236 homes in Goth Abbas. The total population of the village is 1115. The average household size is 4.96 persons per household. The majority of the villagers are plant workers and laborers. A smaller segment of the village population also works as the fishing industry and some have their own private business.
Baseline survey was conducted to collect baseline data which is basic information gathered before a program/project begins. The purpose of baseline study is to provide an information base against which to monitor and assess activity’s progress and effectiveness during implementation and after the activity is completed.
As per the Village Intervention Plan (VIP) following are the particulars to know:
- AMC has planned to adopt a government school which will be upgraded with the hiring of new qualified teachers and latest digital computer lab.
- A small free basic health unit run by MBBS doctors is also a part of the plan to be pursued in Goth Abbas by the company.
- Construction of a jetty for the boats of the fishermen along with a boat repair shed.
- There is also a plan of providing equal employment opportunities for the posts of Lifeguard.
- Solar Street Lights will be provided to the village.
- Access to pure drinking water will be made sure for every villager.
- Solid waste management system.